Monday, March 10, 2014

Menu for the week of Sunday, March 9th, 2014



Ok, so we're back from vacation and I'm full of cooking energy! Here's what I'm making this week:

~ Sunday, March 9th ~ 
Last night I made a version of this recipe from the February edition of Real Simple Magazine: Herb-crusted chicken with kale and pan-dripping croutons. You know those recipes that the first time you read them you know they're going to be delicious? Well this is one of those recipes! Slight changes I made: I used preserved lemons (see February 5th post) instead of fresh, and beet greens instead of kale. I'm sure the kale would be great too, but I happened to have beet greens in the garden that needed to be harvested.
~ Monday, March 10th ~
Tonight is another new recipe, also from Real Simple Magazine, November 2013: hearty barley and cauliflower salad with Manchego and salami I'm going to use Romanesco instead of cauliflower though, and parmesan instead of Manchego. Why you ask? Why not! Look how cool this vegetable is! What child can resist a vegetable that looks like it's from outer space?


~ Wednesday, March 12th ~
Turkey Meatloaf with mashed potatoes and steamed artichokes. Another Real Simple Magazine recipe. What can I say, I love their stuff!

~ Thursday, March 13th ~
Tagine of Lamb and Fava Beans My husband made this one a couple years ago and it was superb! Hoping I'll get the same results. One note, I'm planning to use green olives instead of red.

That's it for now. May the week bring you happy and healthy culinary adventures!

2 comments:

  1. The Romanesco can be a teaching moment too: it's a perfect example of the Golden Section/Nautilus spiral found in nature and art and architecture!

    ReplyDelete