Tuesday, May 20, 2014

Menu for the week of May 19, 2014

So I haven't posted any recipes in a while...sorry about that. I assure you though, I haven't been starving my family, but have definitely been repeating many of the recipes I've already shared. It happens sometimes, we just get in our little cooking ruts. But alas! The farmers market had summer squash last weekend! Hooray for new produce, and a new rotation in the recipes!

So last night I made Salmon and Zucchini with Shallot Vinaigrette from the September 2010 Issue of Real Simple. The vinaigrette is fantastic, and I even used dried dill instead of fresh (gasp). They recommend pan sautéing the salmon, but I prefer to broil it. Cook it whichever way is easy for you.

Tonight I'm making the Herb-crusted Chicken with greens and pan-dripping croutons that I blogged about previously. Using spinach this time, and also throwing in some broccoli. This recipe uses lemon, and it's crazy good, and so simple!

Wednesday night is going to be Risotto with Green Garlic and Snap peas. My daughter has decided that eating snap peas helps her snap her fingers. Don't blow my cover, the kids eating vegetables! For this one I'll be using the Risotto Blanca as a base, from The Art of Simple Food, Alice Waters. I do hope you've all purchased that cookbook by now ;-)

Thursday night will be my favorite, and hopefully yours by now, Slow-cooker pork with sautéed cabbage and corn bread. Recipe included in previous posts.

Until next time, enjoy,
Sabrina

No comments:

Post a Comment