Monday, July 28, 2014

Chimichurri

Just back from a beach vacation and inspired by a new Argentine Deli that my brother and sister-in-law just found. They served sausages with chimichurri one night, and I haven't been able to stop thinking about that sauce! 

So tonight I decided to try my hand at making a batch. We ate it with reheated frozen chicken my husband had grilled up last week (while Ellie and I enjoyed our beach vacation...sorry Ben), some Jasmine rice, and a simple radish and cucumber salad. Let's just say our dinner was pretty yum for a Monday night! 

Chimichurri recipe:
- 1 cup parsley
- 1 cup basil
- 1/2 cup cilantro 
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 shallot
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/3 cup sherry vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon dried red chile flakes
In a food processor - or Vitamix!! - purée until smooth. Divine...

No comments:

Post a Comment